Unrivaled is looking to expand our production team with the addition of a Production Director. Think Yoda mixed with exhibit design. Or the all-seeing eye of Sauron, minus all the evil. We’re not asking for a clairvoyant, but we are seeking someone who can make an educated, highly plausible guess about the future. Kind of like Dumbledore, but we’ll let you choose where your fandom loyalties lie.
Our Production Director will be responsible for managing the activities of the shop and graphics departments, supervising all production operations, and being unrivaled in their organization and foresight to deliver products our mothers would be proud of.
So what about us? We’re a small group of creatives that specialize in designing brand experiences, whether it be through digital, interactive or environmental means. What sets us apart is that we consider ourselves just as much innovators and inventors as we do designers. Because of this we do everything in-house from concept, to design, to development, on through to production. We’re creators who like to get our hands dirty.
Our specialty is bridging the gap between the digital and dimensional domains. Our projects range from mobile apps, games, interactive installations, to the physical side with museum exhibits, tradeshow exhibits, and event design.
We offer competitive wages, good benefits, and getting hands-on with awesome projects. This is a salaried position with compensation dependent on experience and ability.
- Supervise all production operations such as Carpentry, Metal, Paint and CNC
- Plan, schedule and coordinate departmental activities to fulfill work orders while ensuring quality, budget, efficiency, accuracy, and deadlines
- Track and maintain all correspondence and be able to work well within a team environment
- Communicate job expectations, monitor and appraise job results. Motivate and coach staff
- 3-4 years industry experience as Production Director – tradeshow preferred
- Must have complete knowledge of production scheduling and Shop operations
- Possess thorough knowledge of manufacturing methods, techniques, and related equipment
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings and specifications
- Suggest creative and efficient ideas in the production of jobs
- Develop, implement, and maintain processes to measure efficiency, productivity, and profitability
- Take initiative in identifying problems and opportunities for improvement
- Strong client-service orientation
- Focused on excellence and quality of end product
- Ability to calmly operate under time constraints
- Foresee upcoming jobs and efficiently schedule and organize time lines
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Must be highly organized, self-motivated individual that can work independently
- Strong leadership skills with excellent oral and written communications skills
- Proven track record in ability to lead, provide instruction and work with all departments within company
The Production Director must maintain a flexible work schedule which may include occasional extended hours and weekends.
How to Apply
- Must be eligible to work in the United States and on-site at our Ogden, Utah office
- Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Production Director” in the subject line or use our online application through ZipRecruiter.
Unrivaled is a family of creatives + craftsmen with an insatiable desire to outdo ourselves. We’re like the Brady Bunch fueled by sibling rivalry and the nootropic powers of blood, sweat, and tears. We believe in working hard. We believe in playing hard. We believe they should be one-and-the-same. Designing, creating, building, and insulting each other’s mothers is what we love–doing it as Unrivaled is our glory.