Unrivaled is looking for a Senior Exhibit Designer to join our team in our Ogden, Utah location – the outdoor recreation mecca. This is the place to be if climbing, hiking, kayaking, or skiing is what drives you. You will be working with a team of designers and developers to create experiences at events, within museum exhibits, trade-show exhibits, corporate offices, and retail installations. We’re looking for an Exhibit Designer with 5+ years of exhibit design experience that can bring their talent as both a senior designer and mentor to our growing team.
As part of our crew you will own the successful delivery of the creative vision on all assigned projects, ensuring the final deliverable is both on strategy and within scope. Your primary responsibility will be to develop exceptional creative ideas while maintaining a pragmatic view towards concept feasibility and fabrication. You must be cognitive of both the form and the function of your designs and should be versed in production and fabrication methods, material traits, and show regulations that will affect the final outcome of these designs. Although you will rely on team-member’s specialties to help execute your vision, you should have a high-level understanding of all design disciplines and how they integrate into the environments you design. ie: Graphic Design, Multimedia Design, Interactive, Video, etc.
The ideal candidate is passionate about design, highly creative, reliable, personable with great communication skills, and loves to get hands-on with their projects. We’re looking for inventors and makers that love the DIY spirit and take every opportunity to stay involved with their designs to the end.
Beyond your ability to communicate designs through the generation of sketches, renderings, and visual designs, you will be called upon to help manage projects not only in the design stage but also through the hand off to the production team. This will require providing high levels of creative input, project management, and developing design documentation.
To succeed here you should thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, have an aptitude and interest in technology, and balance creative thinking with a strong and sophisticated design aesthetic.
Unrivaled is a family of creatives + craftsmen with an insatiable desire to outdo ourselves. We’re like the Brady Bunch fueled by sibling rivalry and the nootropic powers of blood, sweat, and tears. We believe in working hard. We believe in playing hard. We believe they should be one-and-the-same. Designing, creating, building, and insulting each other’s mothers is what we love–doing it as Unrivaled is icing.
We design and deliver brand experiences on levels only dreamt of—and we do it all in-house—from design, to digital development, to fabrication, to install. But it’s only through our team that any of this is possible, so we seek out those who fit our culture of under-promising and over-delivering and are never content with anything less than unrivaled.
We offer growth opportunity, competitive wages, great benefits, awesome projects, and a creative studio environment. This is a salaried position with compensation dependent on experience. Relocation assistance is negotiable for the right candidate.
- From a creative brief work with teams or individually to develop initial concepts for dimensional designs
- Provide leadership, vision, and produce conceptual ideas with junior level designers
- Under the guidance of a Creative Director, execute the designs through sketches, illustrations, or 3D modeling and rendering
- Prepare renderings, printed books, PDF documents, or sample boards for final client presentations
- Work with the Creative Director and account leads to present designs and concepts to clients
- Support the coordination of projects and facilitate communications between the various project and production teams
- Manage design processes to ensure timely delivery of designs
- Prepare all design documentation and specifications for client review and approval prior to release to fabricators, printers, developers, etc.
- Continuously seek ways to contribute to the group beyond assigned tasks on a project or initiative
- 5+ years of professional experience – agency and branding a plus
- Ability to sketch conceptual ideas
- Adobe Creative Suite skills are a must (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Proficiency in 3D design software (we use 3Ds Max/Vray)
- A vocal, articulate, and collaborative person
- Strong design, verbal, organizational and time management skills
- A good sense of humor
- Ability to bring the awesome on a daily basis
- Design management
- Digital or interactive knowledge
- Experience regulating fools in Towerfall Ascension
How to Apply
- Must be eligible to work in the United States and on-site at our Ogden office
- Submit a cover letter and resume that lists your experience and accurately describes how your skills match our needs, being clear and honest about where you are proficient vs. somewhat knowledgeable.
- Provide a link to your online portfolio that demonstrates what you’ve been doing for the last few years. We’re interested in all of your work, from 3D work, to visual design, to the stuff you do as a hobby on the week-end.
- Email everything to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Exhibit Designer” in the subject line.